If you have some cute or cool oversized t-shirts which you won’t use anymore then, why not turn them into throw pillow covers?
You will need:
- XL t-shirt or even larger
How to make it:
- Lay the shirt on a flat surface and pin the front and back parts of the t-shirt together.
- Cut out the sleeves and the neckline of the shirt. Be sure that when you cut, go as close to the edges as much as you can, so there will be more fabric to work on later.
- Fold the shirt lengthwise, then crosswise. It should be folded into fours.
- Make a 2″ x 2″ square cut at the top right portion of the shirt. Be sure to cut all the layers at the same time.
- Unfold and lay the shirt on a flat surface.
- Cut out strips that are about 3/4″ in width and 2″ in length on all four sides of the shirt. When you cut, be sure to cut in the front and back of the shirt.
- Place the throw pillow in between the front and back of the shirt.
- Tie the strips of fringe from the front and back.
- Continue until everything has been knotted.
- Remove the pins.