Cleaning and conducting maintenance before the beginning of harsh weather is a good idea. Preparation is the key to surviving the temperature drop and peace of mind.
Here are a few reminders on what to clean both indoors and outdoors:
- The ceiling, walls, and baseboards should be dust-free
- Clean the windows and doors, including the screens, if any
- Clean the cabinets, appliances including the air conditioning unit, and furniture
- Vacuum the entire house, and be sure to include areas under the furniture
- Check with Furnace Repair Calgary if the furnace filter needs a replacement
- Send rugs and carpets for cleaning and maintenance
- Double-check the water heater and throw away stored limescale
- Double-check if the heater is working properly
- Wash and disinfect garbage bins
- Organize the garage so that it will be easier to find the things you need for fall and winter.
- Store items on display that are not necessary for fall and winter, such as hoses, other gardening tools, and outdoor furniture
- Clean the exterior of your home and double-check if some need repair or maintenance so those problems won’t worsen during the cold weather
- Double-check the stairs and the hand railings if they are in perfect condition to avoid accidents.