If you’re checking in with styleNorth this morning on your way out to the Christie Antiques Show in Dundas, Ontario, here’s my advice:
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Clear out the trunk of your car before you set off and toss in some old blankets in case you need to wrap something.
- Take a little more cash than you’d be comfortable spending. You will inevitably find something fabulous that you just can’t live without and to come up short, well, it would be criminal wouldn’t it?
- Pack a lunch if you have special dietary requirements and take some bottled water. There is a “food court” at the show but the line-ups are long and you’ll have to cross a very large site if you feel peckish.
- If you find something wonderful, buy it. Don’t resolve to “be back” because you’ll never locate that particular stall again and even if you do, the thing you’re chasing will inevitably be gone.
- Go slow: There is so much to see that you’ll feel urgency nipping at your heels — ignore it. Take your time, enjoy the day and kibitz with the dealers who also want to have some fun.